Auto insurance is vital no matter what state you live in. It protects you if you are involved in an accident with another vehicle or an object. Damage from vandalism and even theft is covered under certain auto insurance policies. We have your back here at Carpenter Insurance Group in Kentucky. We make sure that you have the best coverage possible to protect yourself and your family.
Auto Insurance Requirements Kentucky
Prior to registering your vehicle, you must make sure to purchase insurance coverage. You must also make sure to purchase the liability coverage minimum in Kentucky, if not more. Liability coverage works on your behalf for your legal defense if you are ever involved in a lawsuit against you. You must have both property damage and bodily injury coverage.
The minimum coverage amounts are as follows:
- $25,000 for bodily injury coverage per person
- $50,000 per incident
- $10,000 for property damage coverage
Additional Coverage Options
You should consider taking advantage of the following optional insurance coverage types for further protection:
- Comprehensive - If your car suffers damage due to vandalism, fire, theft, breakage, or even animal contact this policy will cover your repair costs.
- Collision - This coverage will cover repair costs when damage to your vehicle is a result of an accident with another vehicle or object.
- Uninsured/Underinsured - This coverage option will keep you protected if you are involved in an accident where the other driver is at fault and is either underinsured or has no insurance at all.
- Medical - This insurance coverage will cover medical expenses and funeral expenses resulting from an accident regardless of who is at fault
- Personal injury protection - This will reimburse you for any loss of wages or medical expenses that occurred as a result of an accident to both passengers, and pedestrians
For an auto insurance quote, visit our Carpenter Insurance Group website. We serve all residents of Kentucky.